Rajasthan is a great place for travelling if you are interested in ancient times because this place offers you with the breathtaking views of various heritage sites. Though it’s not possible to explore the whole of it in a short time.I had 6 days so I chose Jaipur the capital of Rajasthan and Jodhpur.
My highlights and tips on Jaipur:
1. Book hotels in advance.We stayed in a heritage hotel as per our budget.Its called Rani Mahal. The location is prime and they also have car services for day trips around.
2. Jaipur has a conservative culture so it’s better to wear clothes which doesn’t look skimpy.
3. People here are vegetarians, if you want to have non-veg food then you must ask your driver to take you to any such restaurant.
4. It’s freezing cold there in winter.
5. Amber fort,Jal Mahal,Panna meena step well can be visited in one day.Hawa Mahal,Pink city ride,City palace,Jantar Manter and Albert Hall Museum on another day.But I’ll suggest 3days to cover all these places properly.
6. Wear comfortable shoes.
7. There aren’t many money exchanges and the rates are pretty low.So get your currency converted from the airport when you land.
8. Shopping at Bari Chopper area is cheap and of good quality.They have traditional clothes,shoes,jewellery.
9. To get a local SIM card you need to visit any Airtel office there with valid passport and passport sized photograph.
10. Better to travel in a group.
11. They have the best Masala Tea.
12. Ajmer city is quite close to Jaipur, one can cover it in 2 days from there.
13. If you want connecting train tickets from Jaipur to Jodhpur,Udaipur and Jaisalmer then it’s advisable to get them done earlier.I got all my tickets done from Dhaka through my travel agent as you need to have an indian phone number to do so.Otherwise you can ask your hotel staffs there in Jaipur to get it done at least 2 days before your desired date of travel.
For Further Queries, feel free to comment.
Total Mid Range budget for a traveller would be 12000Rs including Taxi,hotel accommodation,food,sightseeing,airport transfers.
Excluding Air fare and shopping